Nitronic? stainless steels are austenitic, high-strength, corrosion-resistant products that provide higher-performance alternatives to many conventional 300 and 400 Series stainless steels.
Electralloy is North America's exclusive licensed producer of all Nitronic? bar, billet, coil rod, master alloy pigs and ingot products as well as Nitronic? weld wire and weld consumables.
Nitronic? alloys provide excellent mechanical properties at both sub-zero and elevated temperatures, impact resistance at low temperatures and, superb resistance to high-temperature oxidation yet retain good weldability and fabricability, and remain non-magnetic even after extensive cold working.
We AOD refine, argon shroud, and bottom pour all Nitronic? ingots for optimum quality and yield.
Our agreement with AK Steel includes research and technology assistance to ensure that we meet exact chemistry controls through use of the standard Nitronic? melting and processing practices. Our tight chemistry controls ensure continuing product consistency.
Nitronic? Weld Consumables
Nitronic? 50 Weld Wire
- Superior strength and corrosion resistance compared to 316/316L or 317 grades as well as Nitronic? base metals
- Twice the yield strength
- Galling resistance slightly better than 316/316L
- Provides “overmatching” weld/filling properties compared to the base metal being welded
- Can use to weld a range of materials including 308, 309 or 316
- Welds easily using conventional welding processes
- Industries: petrochemical, energy, pulp/paper, textile, food processing and marine
- Applications: include: pumps, valves, fittings, shafting